Behavioral Skills Therapist/Registered Behavioral Technician
Are you passionate about working with children and creating a positive outcome? Would you like to work for a company that values creativity, diversity and career development? Trumpet Behavioral Health might be the place for you!
About Trumpet Behavioral Health:
We are a leading pediatric provider of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs) and other developmental disabilities, providing center, home, and school based services. As a nationwide pediatric service provider, Trumpet Behavioral Health has experienced rapid growth due to our industry-leading focus on clinically driven, evidence-based practices in strong partnership with families, educators, and health care professionals.
For the Behavioral Skills Therapist (BST) and Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) positions we are looking for approximately 30 hours per week, available (8:00-6:00p), Monday-Friday positive & energetic individuals who have a passion for working in pediatrics alongside children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, developmental disability, and other special needs in the Gilbert area as a Behavioral Skills Therapist.
What is a Behavioral Skills Therapist - Click Here to Learn More
About the Behavioral Skills Therapist and Registered Behavioral Technician Position:
At Trumpet Behavioral Health, our Behavioral Skills Therapists and Registered Behavioral Technicians are the backbone of our success in providing superior care and service through the implementation of Applied Behavior Analysis. We’re seeking current and future therapists and technicians whose qualities match our core values of Clients First, Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork and Fun!
Behavioral Skills Therapist and Registered Behavioral Technician Job Duties:
In addition to providing direct care to our clients, our Behavioral Skills Therapists and Registered Behavioral Technicians will be expected to perform:
- Implement individualized programs for children and young adults based on ABA principles that increase communication, self-help, social and play skills.
- Utilize positive reinforcement and antecedent modification to increase appropriate behaviors over time.
- Manage inappropriate behaviors that occur. Through the implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs) and consultation with our Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs)
- Facilitate interactions with peers, coworkers, and families.
- Keep the children motivated to learn through preference assessments.
- Toilet training may be required.
Client Progress Communication:
- Accurately record information on the child's progress throughout the session.
- Be courteous & professional with families, organizations, and children
- Communicate confidentially and professionally with behavior analysts, teachers, parents and principals.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to earn your Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) Certification
- 40+ hours of paid training prior to working with clients
- Future growth opportunity into more senior roles within our company
- Quarterly raises based on standardized performance evaluations
- Earn Paid Time Off while working part-time
- Eligibility for professional development programs (e.g. Free Continued Education Units (CEUs), BCBA/BCaBA coursework reimbursement, Masters degree funding etc.)
- The opportunity to gain Supervised Independent Field Work hours for those in need practicum/internship hours.
- A chance to make a meaningful impact on the life of the children served and their families
Required Skills/ Experience
- A High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to client homes and work at center
- You should be able to lift up to 25 lbs. routinely
- Regular and timely communication with supervisors while employed with TBH
- Ability to pass a state and federal background check
Desired Skills/ Experience
- An Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Education, Special Education or related field.
- You might have experience working with in pediatrics with children ages 3-22
- You might have experience working in a home or school setting with children and individuals with special needs
- You might have experience with Applied Behavior Analysis or Discrete Trial Training
14.00 - 17.00 Hour
82 West Ray Road Suite 104 Gilbert, AZ 85233 Gilbert AZ 85233