Are you hiring?Employers Click Here!
1.0 FTE - Professional Technicial - 12 months
Salary Range 5 - $62,561 - $93,841
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging and engaging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that expects student success, and Boulder Valley is a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national levels for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities we serve - Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill - cover approximately 500 square miles and include an estimated 211,000 residents, with an enrollment of more than 31,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within the district’s boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: http://www.bvsd.org.
School/Department: Information Technology
Boulder Valley School District is seeking an Software Analyst/Developer to play a key role in the district’s software solutions team. We are looking for a forward-thinking individual who will help drive our process automation and system integration efforts. This individual must be an innovative, flexible, and team-driven developer who has the ability to work across systems to develop and maintain applications and integrations that span the district. The successful candidate has a positive team-oriented attitude, an eye for detail, a passion for growth, and thrives in a demanding and rewarding environment.
The district’s application ecosystem consists of an array of on-prem and cloud solutions that are common to K-12 districts, a hosted Infor/Lawson ERP system, and a newly-implemented data warehouse. This position will work closely with our business analyst, Sr. Application Developer, and business partners to implement and maintain process automation applications while providing a helping hand to our data integration team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of an automation infrastructure that promotes scalability, stability, and long-term maintainability while also providing additional support to integration efforts.
Essential Functions of this Position:
- Play a key role on district’s IT Applications Team and take responsibility for implementing and maintaining technology automation solutions to business processes problems
- Provide supplementary development support to our data integration efforts
- Work with Applications Team leadership and team mates establish and meet development timelines
- Work with a variety of common languages and tools including, but not limited to: Microsoft Flow/Windows Workflow Foundation, Infor/Lawson Process Automation, .Net, C#, T-SQL, Infor/Lawson, Microsoft SharePoint, and SSIS
- Stay in tune with technology trends and develop their solutions to readily adapt to a rapidly changing environment
This is a year-round, 12 month salaried position that reports to the Director of IT Applications and Digital/Web Strategy.
Areas of responsibilities include:
- Develop, and maintain automated business processes that span the team’s technology portfolio using common tools, languages, and frameworks.
- Develop and maintain transactional and Extract Transform Load (ETL) data integrations between elements of the district data ecosystem that includes external and internal data sources as well as the district’s data warehouse.
- Work with other members of the Apps Team to develop and maintain reports, queries, and application interfaces/web services that provide district stakeholders secure access to relevant data
- Provide district stakeholders tier-2 support for process automation and data integration related issues
- Identify and develop tools and trainings that will enable stakeholders to build and manage their own process automation and data analysis efforts
- Research, test, and integrate systems and solutions that enhance the performance, reliability, and efficiency of business processes and data flows between district departments and systems
- Pursue professional development opportunities to improve overall skill set and meet review objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent through 10+ years of similar experience
- 5+ years designing, implementing, and supporting .NET/C# applications and components
- 3+ years developing and maintaining business process automation and data/system integration solutions
- 3+ years working with SQL Server Integration Services or similar technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field
- Demonstrated excellence developing applications using C# and.Net 4.0
- Demonstrated experience automating business processes using common frameworks
- Demonstrated experience working with middleware solutions such as Infor ION or Microsoft BizTalk
- Excellent skills working with SQL Server and developing databases, stored procedures, view, etc
- Experience working with ADO.Net, SOAP and REST web services
- Clear understanding of developing web applications to meet mobile and cross-browser needs
- Strong analytical and technical problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Desire to make continuous improvement to existing practices and methodologies
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and three references.
Salary information for BVSD positions can be found online at: http://www.bvsd.org/HR/Pages/NegotiatedAgreementsSalarySchedules.aspx. Salary placement varies according to experience and education. No phone calls please.
Application and Selection Procedure:
Apply online at http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5093; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html
$62,561 - $93,851 Year
6500 Arapahoe Boulder CO 80303