Are you hiring?Employers Click Here!
Chief Digital Officer
The City of Mesa is a great place to work! In addition to competitive salaries, the City also has a generous amount of other benefits available. For more information, please see our website: http://mesaaz.gov/benefits/
Chief Digital Officer
($79,393.10 – 118,373 Annually)
The City of Mesa is seeking an innovative and entrepreneurial leader with a proven track record and expertise in digital communications, social media, marketing and public relations as Chief Digital Officer.
The Chief Digital Officer is responsible for setting a vision for using digital technology to engage with Mesa citizens, businesses and visitors. The Chief Digital Officer will be responsible for planning, developing and coordinating the day-to-day digital communication strategies to transform digital government in Mesa and enhance the City's position as one of the nation's most digitally connected cities. Other responsibilities include:
- Developing digital content for internal communication, external and internal web content, social media channels, as well as executing both live and produced videos
- Collaborating closely with the City's Public Information and Communications Department, Information Technology Department, Economic Development Department, and other City departments to ensure consistent positioning and messaging across the City's social media channels
- Developing key performance indicators and measuring the success of digital campaigns through web analytic tools
- Launching entrepreneurial social media, digital road maps and/or strong digital media plans
- Evaluating emerging technologies and providing their perspective for adoption where appropriate
This class will apply vision and technical expertise in working directly with the City Manager's Office to develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive, robust, dynamic social media and digital communications plan to brand Mesa as a regional and national leader in forward-thinking digital communications. This position is responsible for performing related duties as required.
The Chief Digital Officer receives administrative direction from the City Manager who reviews work through conferences, reports, and overall results achieved.
This class is FLSA exempt-professional.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Business Administration or a related field
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible management experience developing digital engagement strategies and directing digital communications (e.g.: content development, social media, videography, photography, mobile and web techniques and platforms, etc.) and public relations programs
- Demonstrable experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) strategies and utilizing social media analytics to enhance customer experience and engagement
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license by hire date
Employee Values: All employees of the City of Mesa are expected to uphold and exhibit the City's shared employee values of Knowledge, Respect, and Integrity.
City of Mesa offers a competitive benefits package. A CITY OF MESA ONLINE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED.
Applications will be available as of 6-8-2018, with first review of applications on 6-25-2018. Additional applications will be reviewed continuous until filled. For complete job description, requirements and online application form, please visit our web site at: www.mesaaz.gov/jobs.
The City of Mesa respects, values and welcomes diversity in our workforce. To this end, we encourage all interested people to apply. EOE/AAE
79,393.10 - 118,373 Year
PO Box 1466 Mesa AZ 85211